INSTITUTE OF MICROBIOLOGY OF THE
CZECH ACADEMY OF SCIENCES
Director: Ing. Jiří Hašek, CSc.
Deputy Director: Doc. RNDr. Jiří Gabriel, DrSc.
Tel: (420) 296 442 341
CZECH ACADEMY OF SCIENCES (CAS)
• Is the largest public non-university research institution in the Czech Republic
• Serves as an umbrella organisation
• Conducts research through its 54 institutes, two of which are research-infrastructural
• Covers scientific fields from mathematics, physics, the Earth sciences, the life and chemical sciences to the social sciences and the humanities
• Has over 11,000 employees (approx. 9,000 FTE), more than a half of whom are researchers
• Is regionally spread across the Czech Republic (Prague, Brno, Ostrava, České Budějovice)