prof. RNDr. Jiří Dědina, CSc. DSc.
(+420) 296 442 659
POSITIONS AND EMPLOYMENT
- 1969: graduated (physical chemistry), Faculty of Natural Science, Charles University, Prague.
- 1970 - 1974: postgraduate student, Institute of Chemical Process Fundamentals, CSAV, Prague.
- 1974 - 1975: research associate, Institute of Physiology, CSAV, Prague.
- 1975: Candidatus scientarium (CSc. - corresponding to the degree of Ph.D.) CSAV, Prague.
- 1975-1993: Research scientist, Institute of Physiology and Inst. Nucl. Biol. Radiochem., CSAV.
- 1993: head of department, Institute of Analytical Chemistry of the ASCR.
- 1999-: member of the Council of Spectrosc. Society of Ioannes Marcus Marci.
- 2002-: senior research scientist, Institute of Analytical Chemistry of the ASCR.
- 2007-: member of the Council of the Institute of Analytical Chemistry of the ASCR, v.v.i.
- 2008: Doctor scientiarum (DSc.), ASCR.
- 2008: Associated Professor of Analytical Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Charles University in Prague.
- 2011: IUPAC Fellow.
- 2012-2017: vice chairman of the Council of the Institute of Analytical Chemistry of the ASCR, v.v.i.
- 2013-2017: member of the Council of Sciences of the ASCR.
- 2013-2017: member of panel 206 of Czech Science Foundation.
- 2014: full professor of analytical chemistry at Charles University in Pragure.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- 1998: Ioannes Marcus Marci Medal, Spectrosc. Society of Ioannes Marcus Marci, Prague.
- 2016: Nicolaus Konkoly - Thege Medal, Slovak Spectroscopic Society.
- Working in the field of hydride generation and atomization since before 1980.
- He spent 40 months in collaborating laboratories in Sweden, Germany, Italy, Greece, Canada, Turkey, Brazil and South Africa.
- Author of a monograph on hydride generation (over 400 citations according to WoS), several book chapters in the field and 80 papers in impacted journals most of them treating atomic spectrometry, 9 patents. Over 2000 citations of his papers, books and book chapters without self-citations according to SCI, h-index 26.
- He presented 30 invited lectures at prestigious international conferences; and 17 invited lectures at national conferences with international participation organized in England, Norway, Slovakia, Turkey, Poland, Brazil and Czech Republic;
- A lecturer and jury member for state examinations of the post gradual study program of the Faculty of Science (Charles University, Prague) in the field of analytical chemistry.
- Principal investigator of six grant projects of Czech Science Foundation (GA CR), two projects of Grant agency of ASCR and a project of Program of Internal Support of Projects of Intenational Cooperation of the ASCR. Foreign co-principal investigator of two grant projects sponsored by NIH/FIRCA (USA) and UNC School of Public Health (USA).
- Research interests: (a) Generation, collection and atomization of volatile compounds for trace and ultratrace element analysis and for speciation by atomic spectrometry methods namely by atomic absorption and atomic fluorescence spectrometry. (b) Mechanism of hydride atomization in flames and quartz tube atomizers.
- Supervisor of a number of PhD and master degree students; co-supervisor of six PhD students of foreign universities; lecturer at the Faculty of Science (Charles University, Prague) in the field of analytical chemistry.