Dr. Adrián García Figueroa
(+420) 296 442 487
- 2019: Ph.D. Chemistry under the supervision of Prof. Jose Carlos Bendicho Hernández and Ph.D. Isela Lavilla Beltrán, Department of Analytical and Food Chemistry, University of Vigo. Doctoral dissertation entitled “Development of analytical methodologies based on microextraction for determining contaminants of emerging concern” and completion of Ph.D. studies with the International and Cum Laude mentions.
- 2015: MSc. Master in Chemical Research and Industrial Chemistry, Department of Analytical and Food Chemistry, University of Vigo.
- 2014: BSc. Chemistry, University of Vigo.
- Determination and speciation of technological critical elements (TCE).
- Determination and speciation of arsenic species.
- Use and application ICP-MS, ICP-MS/MS, ETAAS, AFS, among many other techniques for (ultra)trace analysis.
AWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
- 2019- Extraordinary Doctorate Award by University of Vigo
- April 2018-July 2018: Department of Trace Analysis, Institute of Analytical Chemistry of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague.
- November 2019-December 2019: Department of Trace Analysis, Institute of Analytical Chemistry of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague.
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
- García-Figueroa A., Filella M., Matoušek T.; Speciation of germanium in environmental water reference materials by hydride generation and cryotrapping in combination with ICP-MS/MS, Talanta, 225 (2021) 121972.
- Francisco Pena-Pereira, Adrián García Figueroa, Isela Lavilla, Carlos Bendicho; Nanomaterials for the detection of halides and halogen oxyanions by colorimetric and luminescent techniques: a critical overview. TrAC Trends in Analytical Chemistry TrAC Trends in Analytical Chemistry 125 (2020) 115837 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.trac.2020.115837
- Adrián García Figueroa, Isela Lavilla, Carlos Bendicho. Speciation of CdTe quantum dots and Te(IV) following oxidative degradation induced by iodide and headspace single-drop microextraction combined with graphite furnace atomic absorption spectrometry. Spectrochimica Acta Part B: Atomic Spectroscopy 158 (2019) 105631. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sab.2019.06.001
- Adrián García Figueroa, Francisco Pena Pereira, Isela Lavilla, Carlos Bendicho. Speciation of gold nanoparticles and total gold in natural waters: A novel approach based on naked magnetite nanoparticles in combination with ascorbic acid. Talanta 193 (2019) 176-183. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.talanta.2018.09.092
- Francisco Pena Pereira, Adrián García Figueroa, Isela Lavilla, Carlos Bendicho. Ratiometric detection of total bromine in E-waste polymers by colloidal gold-based headspeace single-drop microextraction and microvolume spectrophotometry. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical 261 (2018) 481-488. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.snb.2018.01.107
- Adrián García Figueroa, Francisco Pena Pereira, Isela Lavilla, Carlos Bendicho. Headspace single-drop microextraction coupled with microvolume fluorospectrometry for highly sensitive determination of bromide, Talanta 170 (2017) 9-14. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.talanta.2017.03.090
- Adrián García Figueroa, Jorge Millos, Carlos Bendicho, Isela Lavilla. A critical assessment of ultrasound-assisted extraction as simple pre-treatment for fast determination of multielements in seafood using inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry. Microchemical Journal 130 (2017) 458-464. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.microc.2016.11.002